Frequently Asked Questions
1. What geographical area do you cover?
We operate in all parts of Kenya and our services extend to East Africa Region.
2. Do you train Clients after project completion?
Yes, we do Train clients and the training depends on the availability of the users.
3. Do I need to be in partnership with Talinda to buy their Products?
No, all you need is to contact us for any services or products you need and we will be ready to serve you.
4. Do you offer 24hrs support?
We have a 24 hours support system, with our qualified Engineers who are always ready to give timely, effective and efficient assistance.
5. Do we offer free support after installation and for how long?
We offer a 90 days’ free support after Installations are done, this is to ensure that everything installed is running seamlessly, ensure high uptime of the system. We also do SLA Contracts.
6. What is unique about Ruckus Wireless?
Ruckus wireless takes a different approach compared to other Wi-Fi technologies. Ruckus uses intelligence to steer around any interference and slip past the obstacles. Their "Smart Wi-Fi" technology combines hardware, software, and services to deliver faster and high-speed wireless connections. Its adaptive antenna arrays and best path selection algorithms direct signals only where they are needed. Its technology is also noteworthy for its simplicity of installation, maintenance, and operation.
7. Can we integrate our existing wireless solution with Ruckus?
No this is not possible as Ruckus has its own controller-based solution. The only way for it to work with existing wireless solution is to put the Ruckus access points in stand-alone mode.
8. What is the maximum distance an outdoor access point can broadcast?
There are several types of outdoor access points that Ruckus have, among them are the ZoneFlex T300 access point and the ZoneFlex P300 access points
a. The ZoneFlex T300 access points are outdoor access points that are dual-band 802.11ac outdoor access points (AP) designed explicitly for high-density public venues such as airports, conventions centers, plazas & malls, and other dense urban environments. It can do up to 50meters.
b. The ZoneFlex P300 access points is a point to point/multipoint bridges which can extend wireless coverage between remote locations or enable broadband services in places not reachable before in an affordable way. With the P300, service providers can reliably provide best in class wireless backhaul performance at ranges up to 12 kilometers.
9. Why should I move to IP Telephony and what are the cost implications of switching to IP Telephony?
It allows businesses to seamlessly integrate their communications over large areas or multiple locations. Once a high-quality data connection is established between two locations, voice signals can now utilize that same connection without any per-minute tolls being accumulated. This can add up to tremendous savings for an organization, either reducing or totally eliminate the cost of long distance calls between offices.
A structured network has to be in place for IP telephony to work. If needed in other branches and they need to communicate to each other, then there has to be MPLS in place.
10. I would like to know about the Zycoo PBX
ZYCOO IP Phone Systems cover IP PBX, IP Office for SOHO, Asterisk Appliance, IP Phone as well as value-added Software Add-ons in future. It can provide not only all basic traditional PABX features but also all kinds of advanced IP PBX features. Moreover, the companies in need of upgrading their communication systems don't need to bother with the pain of system migration
because it's easy to merge our systems with their existing ones until it's smoothed transited and accustomed.
Elastix is an Open Source Software to establish Unified Communications. About this concept, Elastix goal is to incorporate all the communication alternatives, available at an enterprise level, into a unique solution.
Asterisk is an open source framework for building communications applications. Asterisk turns an ordinary computer into a communications server. Asterisk powers IP PBX systems, VoIP gateways, conference servers and other custom solutions. It is used by small businesses, large businesses, call centers, carriers and government agencies, worldwide. Asterisk is a free and open source.
11. Can I be able to integrate a SIP trunk in your PBX? What are the cost implications?
Yes, you can. The server in which the Elastix has been installed, it needs to have two Ethernet ports, that is, one for the PBX to be in the local network and the other to accommodate the SIP trunk.
12. How does Hoteza system operate?
Hoteza is a software management system that manages the whole range of Hoteza products: Hoteza mobile, Hoteza TV, Hoteza Lobby, Hoteza HotSign. CMS has an intuitive and easy to use interface and powerful communications management application based on the cloud.
13. Why should I consider LG TV’s for entertainment?
LG smart TV’s gives an easy access to all your favorite content on YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Plus Hulu and more. No matter what you are in to, there is an app for that.
14. How long have you been in the market?
Talinda has been in the market for 8 years.
15. What clients have you worked with?
We have worked with:
- Alba Hotel Meru, Panari Resort Nyahururu, Sankara Hotel among others for the hospitality industry
- Strathmore University, International School of Kenya and Mount Kenya University among others for
- the schools' industry
- M-Kopa Solar, Imperial Health Services, Old Mutual, Frontier Optical Networks among others for the Corporate industry